What causes small hard lump under the skin on the labia minora?

Question
Hi I am 42, with regular menstrual cycles no irregular bleeding, no std to date and have one child 19. In the last 12 month I notified a small hard lump under the skin on the labia minora, hasn't changed in size and is not painful, I can squeeze or manipulate it with out any pain. I have just noticed since dec that two much smaller lumps have surfaced in the same area, also non painful and under the skin, all there are located on the labia minora but tucked almost inside the vaginal opening. I am married, 12 years and we use condoms always with intercourse. I have consulted my gp and am awaiting a gyno appt however this is causing me a good deal of stress and worry, any information would be appreciated.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: kindly reply few questions. Detailed Answer: Hi, Kindly reply few questions so that I can guide you further. do you have any associated vaginal discharge? what is the size of the lump? is it a marble size or orange size or lemon size? do you have any problem during sexual intercourse due to the lump? Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further. Awaiting your response. Regards Arif

Follow-up: What causes small hard lump under the skin on the labia minora? 4 minutes later
Hi thank you for the quick response, no I do not believe that there is any discharge out of the ordinary. The one lump is slightly smaller then a pea, and the two other lumps are half that size. Causes me no pain and no issues during intercourse. The pea sized lump developed just under a yea ago no change in size, and no change in pain, the two new lumps have developed in the last three months. Regards XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Epidermoid or bartholin cyst. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thank you for the reply. After analyzing your symptoms I feel the lump could be a benign epidermoid (sabaceous) cyst or bartholin cyst. I personally feel there is nothing serious to worry. Presently you need a clinical examination to confirm the diagnosis. Also get regular PAP smear examination. Depending on the condition treatment can be planned. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!