Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes small bumps under foreskin?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I have had this problem for 1 year since dec 2012 I noticed that I lost some sensation in my penis and I had this for a year until now I have noticed during the last few months that there is a small bump under my foreskin on the left and my foreskin looks a bit dry broken skin theres more feeling on the right hand side of my penis than the left where the small bump is, I can still get a and hold erection and ejaculate but have little feeling whilst I masturbate
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be infection of foreskin (Posthatitis) Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have cracked and foreskin since one year.This could be either due to chronic infection of the foreskin or Phimosis. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) Are you able to retract your foreskin over glans penis freely.? 2) Are you diabetic ? 3) Do you have itching of genitals or any urinary symptoms? Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination to confirm the diagnosis.If it is confirmed to be Phimosis you may need to get circumcised . In the mean while take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: What causes small bumps under foreskin? 3 minutes later
Hi I am already circumised, I am not diabetic

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Wonder how tehre is foreskin if circumcised.? Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. I am rather surprised to know that you have been circumcised and still have cracking of the foreskin as during Circumcision foreskin is excised. I shall be happy if you can upload photograph of your penis to help me in making comments on your problem. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: What causes small bumps under foreskin? 4 minutes later
I'm sorry I did not mean foreskin I mean on my skin I don't wish to upload a pic but just to get some advice on what this might be I will try and see my gp soon

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be a sebaceous cyst Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. The bump that you have could be a small sebaceous cyst or a chronic granuloma however this can be confirmed only on clinical examination and inspection of the bump. Please consult qualified general surgeon for clinical assessment. ad to confirm the diagnosis. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: What causes small bumps under foreskin? 6 hours later
Its a small tiny bump inside the skin the skin also looks very dry what can I use to make it normal? despite managing to maintain a erection and ejaculate there is a lack of sensitivity in the skin could this be vein damage? or just dry skin? I will try to see someone this week but would like your advice thank you

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult qualified Urologist Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Take antibiotics suggested earlier.along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin. Lack of sensitivity could be due to dryness which will return to normal once it gets cured. Thanks and egards Dr.Patil.