What causes small bumps and rash on penis after having unprotected sex?

Question
hi doc i had an unproductive vaginal sex with csw in HK its been 10days now i see a small bumps and rash on my penis shaft. plz suggest way forward
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Primary evaluation for STD Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Is it unprotected sexual intercourse? With this history and the symptoms complained I suggest for primary evaluation for STD and HIV for all my patients. You do not show up other features like body pain, fever and penile discharge. However the I suggest to undergo the following VDRL Urine microscopy Swab from the urethra CBC ESR Let me know the results

Follow-up: What causes small bumps and rash on penis after having unprotected sex? 10 minutes later
thx doc, yes it was . no other symptoms as above. do you suggest dna pcr test also or i should waugh for the above test results. thx.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: HIV test is not required now Detailed Answer: Hi Please wait for HIV test. ARV (Acute retroviral infection) does not present with bumps and rash. So you may wait for one month after exposure and get ELISA for HIV

Follow-up: What causes small bumps and rash on penis after having unprotected sex? 2 hours later
hi doc, got my reports if u can share your e mail id i will mail them to you.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Upload the scan copy Detailed Answer: Please type in here or you can upload them from the feature available on the right side pane of the page. Alternatively you can send them to YYYY@YYYY with sub ATTN DR MAZUMDAR.

Follow-up: What causes small bumps and rash on penis after having unprotected sex? 24 minutes later
DEAR SIR LAB REPORTS are attached

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Non worrisome Detailed Answer: Hi The labs are clear that you do not carry any infection now. The bumps and rash are just incidental finding on your careful notice. They should disappear on their own. Be sure to test for ELISA for HIV after one month. Most likely it would be non reactive but to complete the testing.

Follow-up: What causes small bumps and rash on penis after having unprotected sex? 9 minutes later
doc thank u for the reply, i can't wait for a month can i go ahead with the dna test plz suggest

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: I do not keep anxious person waiting. If you are anxious you may go ahead with PCR DNA for HIV.

Follow-up: What causes small bumps and rash on penis after having unprotected sex? 2 minutes later
thx doc any suggestions where in bangalore ..and do they need a priscription for the same .

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 days later
Brief Answer: Does not need prescription Detailed Answer: Apologies for the delay. Not sure if you had already got it done. You can get it in Dr Lal Path labs / Central Lab in Bangalore. They do not insist for prescription.