Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes slow urine flow and groin tenderness?

I have been to a urology doctor. My urine flow is slow, and my groin is tender when I set on a chair. I also have hemmhoids. the urology doctor did urine sample, no infection a rectum prostate exam. a ultra sound. He said he could see my prostate from above. on the ultrasound pictures. my bladder is not empty fully. He mention a scope and maybe minor surgey. Should I seek a second opinion on the surgery. Not sure about the surgery part. He mention something about a lobe in my bladder. THANKS
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank You for consulting HealthcareMagic! It would be much better if you can upload the printed conclusion report of your ultrasound scan. It gives much better idea to interpret. However, I can advise you few things. Your doctor would have been talking about surgery for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia or may be due to some other bladder abnormality. My suggestion would be to that it will be good to take a sceond opinion as well as it is a matter of Surgery. No harm in taking second opinion. Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Regards. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.