What causes slow penis growth in overweight child?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
HELLO DOCTOR MY SON IS 13 YEARS OLD, OVERWEIGHT FROM BIRTH I DID CIRCUMCISION ON 3RD DAY OF BIRTH. WE NOTICE HIS PENIS IS VERY SMALL AND NO DEVELOPMENT. PLEASE HELP
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Arun 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: May not be micropenis Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writingto health care magic. From your attached picture, your son looks obese. He has got a lot of fat in the pubic and the region above it. Usually penis gets buried in the fat in such individuals. If you can press near the lower end of the penis, and try pressing the surrounding skin down, you can see that it's buried. If unsure , consult a doctor who would examine and tell if it's buried or it is really small. I would recommend to cut down his calories and encourage physical activity to reduce fat. That should help him a lot. Regards Dr Arun

Follow-up: What causes slow penis growth in overweight child? 17 minutes later
I need to make sure also it is because of wrong CIRCUMCISION done. Shall I wait for some more time,

Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Pediatric endocrinologist or pediatrician Detailed Answer: You can consult endocrinologist or general pediatrician. Circumcision has no role to play here In my opinion it's the fat deposition lead to penis burial. Regards