What causes slow heartbeat after taking Hydromorphone?
User rating for this question
I have recently been given oral hydromorphone for a chronic pain condition. I am experiencing a pounding slow heartbeat and long pauses when I check my pulse. I have an appointment to see my doc next week. I just feel so week, worried, and tired now. Should I try to get in sooner? That is his first available appt!!
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Feeling weak-a hydromorphone side effect... Detailed Answer: Hi, One of the side effects of hydromorphone is slow heartbeat you are experiencing. I suggest to reduce the dose of this drug until you see your doctor at the next scheduled appointment. However, if you still feel weak and with slow heartbeat that become worse, I'd suggest to try to get a sooner appointment with your doctor to adjust the dose of hydromorphone and to run further cardiac tests. Meanwhile, I suggest to: - have your meals regularly - try to get more sleep or rest more - drink more water - take some chamomile tea Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
People also viewed
- Treatment for moderate left atrial enlargement
- What causes slow heartbeat after taking hydromorphone
- Huge swollen zit clear liquid
- Clear jelly lump under skin
- Clear jelly puss in lip
- Hot foods and atrial fibrilation
- What is equiv dosage for hydromorphone er and rescue hydromorphone
- Can hydromorphone cause elevated liver enzymes
- Cause is the cause for clear discharge after taking medication
- Hcg diet with atrial fibrillations
- What causes slow motility
- Mechanism of clear jel
- Peirod with clear jel
- Atrial fibrillation due to vomiting
- Female hormone imbalance atrial fibrillation