What causes slight pain at the junction of throat and ear while burping and releasing gas?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
no pain while swallowing but while burping and releasing gas slight pain at the junction of throat and ear and sometimes ear pain
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: ENT checkup and/or SOS endoscopy. Detailed Answer: Hi, thank you for writing in. Pain referred to the ear is suggestive of some oral cavity or throat problem. It is unlikely to be due to any esophageal problem. I would suggest the following 1. A proper clinical check up of the oral cavity and throat by a ENT specialist. 2. If that happens to be normal then an endoscopy just to be on the safer size. As you do not have any other symptoms the chances of it being due to GERD is less or rather not all. I hope this answers your doubt. Regards