What causes slight limping towards the right in a child?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Dear Dr ,

My 3 year old had been limping slightly on his right leg these few days . I noticed it after I brought him to a indoor playground when he was jumping almost everywhere !!!

I'm not sure how or whether if he injured himself when he played . There was no obvious bruising or swelling on any part of the leg . He is Still running fast and jumping and hopping is not a problem at all. However once he walking , he seemed draggy on the right leg with a slight limp and walking abit at the outer side of the feet . Standing jumping squatting playing all other activities are normal .

I brought him to a PD . He was Tip toeing and playing with toys and the Pd can't find any problems .

I'm very worried as he still limp slightly when he walk . What happen ?
Posted Sat, 18 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Give pain killers and wait for few days.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have gone through your details. If your child can run and jump with no obvious pain or difficulty , then In my opinion he has no major problem. Limping can sometimes be due to some local ligament or soft tissue sprain or plain attitudinal which is likely to heal in few days.
I suggest give him mild pain killers for a few days . I he does not improve then he should be examined by a orthopedic surgeon for detailed examination and investigations if needed.
Thanx for the question, Please feel free to ask any other question.