What causes skin rash?

I have a full body rash that didn't itch, but is starting to flake off and itch a little. I've had it for roughly 5 days
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Generalised skin rash , need to find the cause Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. You had developed a generalised skin rash . Now sudden onset of a generalised skin rash with its exfoliation and healing points towards either a viral cause or a drug rash. I would like to know certain more details from you. Did you have any associated fever? Any cough or cold or urine infection or pain abdomen? Any drug intake in the last few days for fever or any pain killers or antibiotics? Did the rash first appear over the face and chest and then progressed downwards? Any burning sensation or lesions in the oral cavity? I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details. We might be able to find the cause of such a skin rash. Also I would like to tell you that the flakiness and dryness of skin that you have right now is basically a good sign since it means that the rash is now healing. Waiting for your response Dr Geetika Paul