What causes skin discoloration in the middle of chest below the breast line?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013

Dermatologist
Question
I have a skin discoloration in the middle of my chest below the breast line that started as a small spot when I found I was pregnant with my three year old. now it has spread to about an orange sized light browish red spot but isn't a complete circle more like patches of discolor. it doesn't really ich or look like psoriasis but I am a bit nervous about it getting worse. I don't use any lotions or harsh soaps because my skin is very sensitive and it appears to only be in that one area. what could this be?
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly send high resolution pictures Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum. I can understand your concern for skin discoloration in the middle of chest below the breast line. Though the history you provided matches with the fungal infection of the area but to confirm the same or to reach to any other close possibility I request you to kindly send few good resolution pictures of the area. It would be best to send few good resolution pictures of the affected area so that it can be analyzed best. You have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia. Hope to hear soon form your side. Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)

Follow-up: What causes skin discoloration in the middle of chest below the breast line? 43 minutes later
I have a couple photos

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly send high resolution pictures Detailed Answer: Hello, I am still waiting for the pictures to get uploaded. As guided before you have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia Query Id : 97389. Hope to hear soon form your side. Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)