What causes skin allergy?

What is this? Is it an allegric reaction or something caused by external stimuli?
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Allergic skin reaction,need to find the cause Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. You seem to have developed an allergic reaction. Such an allergic reaction can occur due to various reasons. It can be due to application of any topical irritant cream or spirit or things like dettol. It can also occur due to insect bite or a sunburn reaction.Even things like excessive rubbing or scratching of the area can lead to such a reddish skin reaction. You can try to figure out if something abnormal came in contact with this area prior to the development of the skin reaction. Now for the management, you need to apply a topical steroid cream like cortisone over the affected area twice a day. Wear cotton clothes so as to prevent any further irritation .Do not apply any other oil or cream over it. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul