What causes sinusitis?

ENT Specialist
Can sinusitis be cause by ms I read it canbe from an autoimmune disorder how likely
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 19 days later
Brief Answer: Multiple sclerosis cannot cause sinusitis Detailed Answer: Hello Madam, Thanks for the query, Sinusitis can be caused by autoimmune vasculitis particularly by Wegener's Granulomatosis. People with Multiple sclerosis are no more susceptible to sinusitis than ordinary people. Multiple sclerosis does not increase the chances of getting sinusitis. But a sinus infection can trigger a relapse. regards, Dr Rajkishori.
Follow-up: What causes sinusitis? 57 minutes later
I have constant low back pain and leg pain sometimes I feel numbness and pins and needles sometimes a burning sensation in legs and feet had these symptoms for 6-7 yrs had a brain MRI in 2008 2011 2012 and last one dec 2013 all negative had c- spine and t spine in May 2013 negative if it was ms would if have shown up already in any of these scans
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: other deficiencies can cause these symptoms. Detailed Answer: Hi again, Yes you are right. Since the MRI is negative it is very unlikely that you have multiple sclerosis. All the symptoms that you described can be caused by various deficiencies- Vitamin D, Calcium, Magnesium, B6. Please see a physician for your symptoms and get the necessary tests done to rule out deficiencies. regards, Dr Rajkishori.