What causes sinusitis and migraines despite taking advil?

I have had nausea for a month. I havent had any other symptoms. It has gotten progressively worse. I went to the ER two days ago. I received an abdominal cat scan, blood tests, urinalysis. The ER Doctor said everything was normal. I take zofram and it helps some. I also have been on 40mg of protinix for a few years. I am getting weaker by the day. I do get migraines and had a few over the past month. I usually have to take 10 to 12 advil in a 24 hr period. I also had i think chest and sinus cold around xmas that i took two or three days of sinus/cold medicine on top of the advil.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Stop taking Advil immediately... Detailed Answer: Hi, You are mentioning to be taking up to 12 Advil in a 24 hour period. That is a "huge dose" considered as over-dosing. I strongly suggest to stop using Advil, especially in such dose. You should not exceed the dose of 6 pills per day. You are also reporting to be using Protonix for almost 4 years. I also suggest to do an upper endoscopy to further evaluate the upper GI tract. I am glad to come to know that the analysis you did in the ER resulted negative (everything was normal). At this point, the prolonged nausea you had this month might be related to: - few migraine episodes you had this last month - a prolonged virosis - stress - any changes in the climate at the place where you live - sinusitis (not properly treated) - stomach problems like ulcer, gastritis etc. At the end, it is necessary to stop taking Advil immediately and do upper GI endoscopy together with a further consultation with neurologist (for the migraine attacks) and ENT specialist (to treat/ exclude sinusitis). All the best! Dr.Klerida