What causes sinus pressure on head,back and neck?

i am 38 and a half weeks pregnant and i am experiencing what feels like sinus pressure, but it is also in the top of my head and back of my head and neck. I have tried humidifier and saline spray. nothing is working and i am really scared. Is this all sinus related?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Sinus congestion - normal in pregnancy... Detailed Answer: Hi, It is normal to have sinus pressure while being pregnant (sinus congestion). It is commonly caused due to hormonal changes during pregnancy (especially due to estrogen) and increased blood flow. Another cause might be : - sinus problems (inflammation), - anemia - oscillations in blood pressure I suggest to control your blood pressure and do a complete blood profile to check for anemia. If no sign of common cold, and other tests are ok, then, it is related to nasal congestion during pregnancy. Saline spray and humidifier can help together with steam or face mask, but you need to be consistent (try them all the time). You have only few days until arrival of your baby; you waited so long, you will still resist for a few more days. May God bless you and your little one and alleviate the pains of labor! Dr.Albana