What causes significant reduction in quantity of semen when i ejaculate inspite of having a history for prostatitis

Jul 2016

hello, my main language is not english so please forgive some mistakes i may type. I have a question related to my weak ejaculation. I used to have a normal ejaculation until 7 years ago when i had some unknown problem maybe prostatities. during that days i had accute pain in testicles and accute pain somewhere near prostate i tried to masturbate and for some days when ejaculating sperm didnt come out after the orgasm and had some pain, i think propably sperm went back to bladder. i went doctor after some time because i was to shy in that age , but doctor did not find nothing wrong with prostate and he didnt seem to worried about sperm didnt came out for some days. he found varicocele veins, but told that my pain is not related to varicocele veins, and did not recomend me anything to do. Since that days my ejaculation is very very weak, and very far from what they used to be, so when i ejaculate sperm simple drips from penis without any streng, and probably some keeps inside without coming out. Is there anything i can do to improve my smptoms? another simptoms i have sometimes.: when im to many hours sitting in chair, my penis became numble, i need to standup to regain the touching feelings
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need to investigate in detail. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed since last 7 years there is significant reduction in quantity of semen when you ejaculate You had acute pain in testicles and pelvic pain and was treated for Prostatitis. The composition of semen is as follow 1) 70% component is fluid secreted by seminal vesicle containing fructose 2) 10 % component is sperms produced by Testicles 3) 20% component is fluid secreted by Prostate. The main reason for less quantity of semen is either due to 1) Retrograde ejaculation 2) Less production of seminal fluid by seminal vesicle or 3)Ejaculatory duct Obstruction Since you are young and have not undergone any endoscopic surgery on bladder or prostate , it is unlikely to be due to retrograde ejaculation.This can be confirmed by doing urine analysis immediately after ejaculation which will reveal absence of sperms in urine To confirm the less production of seminal fluid and obstruction of ejaculatory duct is very difficult task but Trans Rectal Ultrasound scanning or MRI will reveal enlarged or abnormal seminal vesicle .. Since you had Prostatitis and pain in pelvic region it is likely that the cause of your less semen is due to obstruction of Ejaculatory duct. Get your semen analysis done to find out level of Fructose in semen ,finding of less fructose in semen will confirm the diagnosis of obstruction to Ejaculatory Duct which carries semen and sperms from seminal vesicle to urethra. Please consult qualified Urologist and get following tests done under his guidance. 1) Semen analysis with specific mention of Fructose levels and sperm count.. 2) Trans Rectal ultrasound scanning of the pelvic region or MRI. 3) Semen culture to rule out infection . Further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests and final diagnosis, Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.