What causes shoulder pain during pregnancy?
User rating for this question
Shoulder pain radiates down arm and 32 weeks pregnant.
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be due pregnancy or tendonitis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The pain in the shoulder during pregnancy may be related to an increase in the progesterone levels which causes muscle relaxation. The other cause can be rotator cuff tendonitis. Avoid all overhead activities. Use heat and cold to manage pain. Both heat and cold can relieve pain in joint. Heat also relieves stiffness and cold can relieve muscle spasms. Apply over-the-counter pain creams. Creams and gels available at the drugstore may provide temporary relief from pain. Take diet XXXXXXX in calcium, vitamin d3 and minerals. In case the pain is persistent then you can get some muscle relaxants prescribed from your gynecologist for relief. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
People also viewed
- What causes shoulder pain during pregnancy
- Arm and shoulder pain during pregnancy
- White blood cells increasing using metformin levisin lassix remedy
- Left shoulder pain during pregnancy
- Hcg,beta subunit,qual, serum negative <6
- Taking lamictal for bipolar disorder why was thorozene prescribed
- Taking effexor heart rate while cycling what to do
- Tryptomer side effect during pregnancy
- Side effects of nexito during pregnancy
- Mucus strands in urine during pregnancy
- Pregnant taking duphaston for bleeding safe in pregnancy
- What is the cause of stomach pain and shoulder pain
- Had partially protected sex taken unwanted 72 now bleeding normal
- What is the cause and treatment for shoulder pain
- Sporlac during pregnancy side effects