What causes shoulder numbness,arm ache and tingling in fingers?

having problems with right shoulder numbness/dull ache in arm tingling in fingers. Am a gardener. Most acute pain is in middle of shoulder looking down at middle finger.XXXX
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Remedies to shoulder numbness/dull ache... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, Bones and joint problems are very common at your age, especially for you being a gardener. I suggest to do another X-ray of the right shoulder joint. Depending on the results, further treatment would be prescribed. Meanwhile, I suggest to: - apply warm clothing to the pain area - I usually recommend my patients to warm up coarse salt, wrap it with a light clothing, and apply to the pain area - can use analgesic cream locally - keep massaging with lavender/olive oil - avoid using the affected shoulder for heavy work until improvement - take otc pain-killer (combination acetaminophe+codein+caffeine) for better results With regards tot he tingling in fingers, it is related to the damages of the shoulder joint that might have affected the local nerves giving the tinggling sensation. Once the pain/inflammation of the joint will be reversed, the tingling will be reversed too. All the best! Dr.Albana