What causes shortness of breath,light headed and high pulse rate when when walking fast?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Shortness of breath and light headed,pulse was 110 when walking a little faster then normal
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the answer below. Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query and understood your concern. From what you are saying you have a high risk to develop pulmonary embolism. So i suggest to consult a pneumologist and to perform all the necessary test for proper treatment. I recommend to perform: - Full blood and biochemical analysis - Chest x ray - Angio pulmonary CT - Legs ultrasound All the best! Dr.Sonila Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!