What causes shortness of breath and numbness in finger?
User rating for this question
Hello I had a cardioversion for afib in august. everything went back to normal rhythm. Lately i have been waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep. upon waking i am feeling some numbness in my pinky finger and ring finger, hand left and right that goes away as soon as i wake. As well a heavy heart with some shortness of breath. I did have a EKG with normal numbers in december. I feel a little foggy in the morning when i wake. not sure if its because i havent been sleeping. Im still working out 3 times a week with no issues. only when i sleep.
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could be due to weak heart muscles. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing WWW.WWWW.WW I have studied your history carefully and understand your concern. Waking up in the middle of the night and feeling shortness of breath could be due to weaker heart muscles which results in pooling of blood in the lungs, which in turn leads to fluid escaping into the air sacs in the lungs. EKG can be normal in such a case, what would be helpful is an echocardiogram. Tingling and numbness in the fingers could be related to the heart, or it could be due to some nerve compression that can happen while sleeping. Please consult your cardiologist and request for an echocardiogram to rule out cardiac issues. Hope this answers your query, feel free to write back to me if you need any clarifications. Wishing you good health. Regards.
People also viewed
- Syringoma had biopsytaken bit skin located under eyestreatment
- Tiredness faster heart beat lightheaded working in night shifts reason
- Headache nausea lightheaded taking tylenol cause
- Bio electric stimulation technique
- Have multiple health issues can any opaline doctor help
- Ventricular bigeminy and trigeminy
- Biatrial enlargement on ekg
- Bad breath numb toes
- Breath numbness causes
- Symptoms of breath numbness
- Light period after taking depo-provera shot normal
- Diagnosis of breath numbness
- Beta blockers cardiogenic shock
- Biliary tube stent replacement
- Treatment and cure for breath numbness