What causes shorter periods?

Hi my name is shay. I got my cycle or should I say my period 3 days to early then my normal period usually stay on from any where between 6 to 7 days but on January the 18 it came on and it was only on for 4 days. it was shorter then it normally would be I think I might be pregnant but I am not sure I have this funny movement in my stomach now I really don't know
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not due to pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The comparatively shorter period that you had this tie is not related to pregnancy. The mild variation that you had this tie is likely to be due to a minor hormonal variation stress anxiety dietary or physical exercise modifications etc. The cycles are likely to return to their normal rhythm once the stress is over. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL