What causes shorter gap in menstruation cycle?

Hi, I have some about my period. I get last month my period 18 days apart, which sound like 2 period in a month. I consult a doctor on this website. whatever it is, it sounds like I can not have a baby in the future. I need help. I have that before too one time. I need answer right now.
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: This does not affect fertility. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Having two periods 18 days apart does not affect your fertility. This usually happens once in a while due to minor hormonal disturbance. It can also happen due to stress anxiety dietary changes excessive exercise or dieting. Please do not worry. Your periods will become regular on their own in next 2-3 cycles. Regular periods are ovulatory cycles that help in a successful conception. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: What causes shorter gap in menstruation cycle? 22 minutes later
Hi, Thank you for answering......I m little bit relax now. Do u think I should go and see any doctor or wait period to become regular again. I m glad I found a female doctor , you online .......Thank you very muchOne more question, I want to ask......I have 2 jobs, I have to work 60/65 hours in a week. Do u think it affects my hormonal level......for 2 jobs I get a stress sometimes a lot. Thank you again.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer: No medicine is needed. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. You don't need to have any medicines right now. Just wait for few months and let your hormones regularize on their own. The stress that you are having does affect the hormonal levels. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards