What causes shooting pains through bones with numbness in legs and arms?

Dec 2012

Hi I have been having shooting pains though my bones mostly my knee bones feet and hands sometimes my legs go numb and my hands what could this be
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could be as a result of arthritis Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX Most at times in young people when faced with joints pain which is generalized such as your case, it is might be as a result of an infection. i.e you might be suffering from septic arthritis. Some tests can be done in order to confirm or rule this out. Other rare causes include vitamin D deficiency/ calcium deficiency, jevenile arthritis (which is a rare condition) and also rare is autoimmune diseases. Some systemic blood infections can also cause you similar pains. Unfortunately since your symptoms are unspecific, I can not tell exactly what you maybe suffering from unless you go through a series of tests by a doctor after you must have been examined. From there, the cause can be established and effective treatment provided. Also, do not forget the stress/strain factor that maybe responsible. If you recently underwent sporting or athletic activity, then continuous spotting combined with use of analgesia might do you some good until your system adapts. Hope this helps and wish you the best. Dr. Nsah