What causes sharp pain in left side of skull?
User rating for this question
I am 65 years old I have recently noticed a dent in the back if my skull left side, I occasionaly get sharp pain in the area and have to quickly hold it and it goes away, it lasts seconds only then perhaps just aches a bit.Sometimes a can go a few weeks without the pain and other times it can happen once or twice a day.
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be due to osteoporosis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The dent in the skull with an occasional sharp pain can be due to osteoporosis in the area or a bone mass - may be a benign cyst causing the erosion of the bone. Since there is an occasional pain present in the area, it needs to be investigated. You need to consult a neurophysician and get an MRI scan done to find out the cause and the progress of the lesion. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.
People also viewed
- Rushing feelin down right arm and hand
- Aching in buttocks and hips
- What cause sharp pain underneath the left arm
- Warm feeling down my arm
- Radiating pain down arm and swollen hand
- Nagging head ache for three days
- Stomach ache for 8 days male
- Dark stool and stomach ache every mornings
- Stomach ache sustained for 3 days
- What causes sharp pain in left side of skull
- What causes sharp pain on the left side below naval
- What causes sharp pain in lower left side of stomach
- What causes sharp pain in left shoulder and chest
- Icy tingling feeling running down my arm
- Feel jittery down left arm