What causes sharp pain in calf of leg?

Lately I have been having a sharp pain in the calf of my leg in the same spot. It comes and goes.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Remedies for having sharp pain in calf.... Detailed Answer: Hi, The pain you are having in the calf of your leg at the same spot could be related to: - any trauma you had recently exactly at that place - arthritis - lack of vitamins and minerals such as Magnesium and vitamins of B group. I advise to: - keep the affected leg well warmed and massaging - apply otc ant-algesic creams - take oral otc pain killers If the pain won't improve within a week, should consult your physician for further evaluation. Hope it was of help! Dr.Alba