What causes sharp pain by ear with bleeding after an injury?

I got hit in the side of the face and now I have sharp pain by my ear and at one point there was blood coming out of my ear but it has stopped. I still feel some pressure but I can still hear out of it. I was not disoriented or anything like that. I did speak to EMT and nothing seemed wrong but I'm still worried.
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: I think a CT of middle ear should be considered. Detailed Answer: Hello, Since there was bleed and still there is feeling of fullness/pressure , I would recommend evaluation with HRCT of temporal bone, that is middle ear. It's quite common to get minor fractures, bleeds and injury to internal structures of ear, which might go unnoticed even on clinical examination. So get re-evaluation done and consider getting CT scan done, even though it turns out precautionary later. Hope this helps.Regards.
Follow-up: What causes sharp pain by ear with bleeding after an injury? 2 minutes later
Would it still be okay to sleep for the night and go in the morning?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Yes. Detailed Answer: Yes, its fine to go tomorrow.