What causes sharp nerve pain in my forehead?

I am a 33 year old woman typically in good health. for the last three weeks i am experiencing sharp nerve pain in my forehead if i stoke my skin lightly for exanple when using a makeup brush or touch my forehead with my finger. the pain occurs in the centre of my forehead (height and width) and slightly to the left. if i touch it repeatedly for about 10 seconds i can fatigue the nerve respose and will then have to wait a minute before it can be triggered again (i've been experimenting). it is less sensitive to firm pressure. it is not a headache and i do not have any sinus problems. the pain lasts about 3-5 seconds each time i trigger it. i have had about 3 sporadic days in the last three weeks where there has been no pain. is this worth seeing my GP about?
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Meeting a doctor is always a good idea Detailed Answer: Hi I am Dr Mittal, MD. Yes I think you will need to meet a doctor there. What probably is happening is that the nerves concerned are probably getting affected by some subclinical infection. Alternatively, maybe you are developing some deficiency of vitamin B12 or minerals. Its always better to meet a doctor there. Till then, you can try some tablets of amityrptiline and methylcobalamin. That should help you with the pain and start replacing the Vit B12, which acts as a tonic for the nerves. I hope that helps Any further queries are welcome Best of luck Dr Saumya Mittal