What causes sharp abdominal cramping after eating and small lump on side of neck?

I noticed a small lump on the side of my neck about the size of a small peppercorn about 5 weeks ago. It has gotten slightly larger in that time, but is not painful. Ive also had 2 mouth ulcers in the last two weeks and have been feeling more run down than usual. I've also noticed sharp abdominal cramping any time I eat for the last 3-4 weeks. I would say the pain was mild-moderate, but sometimes I leaves me doubled over for a few seconds. It also hurts when I'm not eating from time to time, but more often than not, it's only with meals
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could be a lymph node in neck Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. You have two unrelated problem coming to the first The swelling in the neck, which is painless and hs grown a little is likely is probably a neck Lymph node swelling. Exact diagnosis can only be made by knowing the exact site of swelling and seeing the character. Pain in abdomen soon after eating could be due to acid peptic disease, especially at your age could be Duodenal Ulcer. I would suggest you the following which will help relieve you of your symptoms 1. Consume frequent small meals 2. Avoid spicy/oily/fried foods 3. Antacid like Pantoprozole along with Domperidone will provide the much needed relief I hope it helped Do get back to me if you need further assistance, will be glad to assist you Take Care Best Regards Dr T Shobha MBBS MD