What causes severe stomach pain?

Hi, My husband has severe stomach pain now. He says it s because of the kidney stone as he had it in the past. He is not able to move due to pain to go to hospital. Can you prescribe some medicine? Thank u.
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: I prefer ace proxyvon tablets in such cases... Detailed Answer: Hi, I empathize with his complaints. Pain from a renal stone can be very severe and hurting. If he is very sure the pain is from renal stone, he can use any over the counter pain killers. But I prescribe ace proxvon which is a combination of paracetamol, diclofenac and rabeprazole to my patients with severe renal colics. Cyclopam (paracetamol and dicyclomine combination) is the next choice. Both the tablets are prescription only medicines. If the pain is severe it is important to visit a hospital. I order for an ultrasound abdomen scan to rule out renal obstructive conditions. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards