What causes severe pain near anus inspite of having laproscopic myomectomy ?

May 2014

Hi, I had a laproscopic myomectomy about a year ago. I'm experiencing pain off and on near my anus since the surgery. The pain has become increasingly stronger. I can now feel pressure when I set or stand.
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. The pain and discomfort in the region of anus requires a little bit of detailed examination. As you have mentioned about removal of 6 fibroids laproscopically, it is important to know if the procedure involved just myomectomy or something more descriptive. The pelvis is a very compact area with many important structures inside like urinary bladder, ovaries, uterus, rectum. After surgical procedures there can be small pockets of fluid collection near the area of surgery. This is the first possibility to be ruled out. Then we have to consider any post operative adhesions. If not adhesions, it can also be mild form of pelvic inflammatory disease. I suggest that you consult your doctor and get imaging investigations done to have a better idea of your problem. Most conditions are treatable in your situation. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek