What causes severe pain in my foot?

I am having severe pain in my foot and the arch. The top of my foot is mildly swollen. I had fallen on ice while skiing 3 weeks earlier and the pain started after that. I am not able to find a comfortable position and my feet hurts constantly. I also got weakness in my feet.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, get an Xray Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this pain that you have reported on your foot. From all the information you have provided, I am concerned that you may have sustained a fracture to one of the bones of your feet wile skating. The persistence of this pains warrants a closer examination and at least and x-ray done to look for any possible fracture. Depending on the findings, a treatment plan would be established and implemented to make you feel better Treatment would most likely consist in resting the leg and pain medications to relieve you of the pains while you slowly heal and get out of this condition. For now try cold packs, rest and pain medications like Tylenol/Ibuprofen. Please, follow up with your doctor on this. Starting with your primary care doctor would be okay. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What causes severe pain in my foot? 3 hours later
Thanks for the reply doctor. I have got the xrays taken this evening and i got the images(Waiting for the result). I have added them to my profile. Will you please be able to take a look at them and let me know?
Brief Answer: Thank you for these images! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for following up with me. I have taken a close look at the various images you have uploaded. Grossly speaking, I have not seen any overt abnormality like a XXXXXXX fracture or dislocation. Not being a specialist in radiology, I will like to wait on the experts interpretation of these films. This makes me think it could be more of a sprain or contusion rather than a fracture or dislocation. If these findings are confirmed by the experts, then pain medications and rest/immobilization would be enough to help treat this condition. I hope it helps. I wish you well. Please, also keep me informed about what the experts results/interpretation of the Xray films. Dr. Ditah, MD.