What causes severe night sweats?
User rating for this question
I AM 42 YEARS OLD. Having major night sweats right before and during my period. Also my breast are sore and tender. Almost as if I was pregnant. But, I assure I'm not. Also very painful periods at times and nausea and constipation usually happen a week to two weeks before. What's going on? Yes hot flashes. But I've had those for years. After my first son was born 17 years ago.
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: PERI MENOPAUSE LIKELY Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. I think that most of your symptoms fit into the group of peri menopausal symptoms. This is characterized by hot flashes, night sweats, breast soreness, exaggerated pre menstrual symptoms etc. You can confirm the diagnosis by visiting a gynecologist and having a thorough internal evaluation. Also estimation of the following hormones will provide a diagnosis - FSH , LH, Serum estradiol. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
People also viewed
- Blood pressure medicine pacemaker
- What causes severe night sweats
- Severe night sweats recurring condition cause of concern
- Severe night sweats in men
- Mucous with blood in menopause
- Lichen sclerosis and thickened endometrium
- Does sperm and menstrual blood mix
- Role of penegra in improving endometrium
- What does thin intact endometrium means
- Thin and intact isoechoic endometrium
- Uniform thickening of inner laywer endometrium
- Blood in motion for men
- Severe night sweats nthat smell
- Ou just stop taking blood presssure medicine
- Severe night sweats and shortness of breath