What causes severe night sweats?
User rating for this question
I AM 42 YEARS OLD. Having major night sweats right before and during my period. Also my breast are sore and tender. Almost as if I was pregnant. But, I assure I'm not. Also very painful periods at times and nausea and constipation usually happen a week to two weeks before. What's going on? Yes hot flashes. But I've had those for years. After my first son was born 17 years ago.
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: PERI MENOPAUSE LIKELY Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. I think that most of your symptoms fit into the group of peri menopausal symptoms. This is characterized by hot flashes, night sweats, breast soreness, exaggerated pre menstrual symptoms etc. You can confirm the diagnosis by visiting a gynecologist and having a thorough internal evaluation. Also estimation of the following hormones will provide a diagnosis - FSH , LH, Serum estradiol. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
People also viewed
- Cervical cancer chances of survival
- What causes severe night sweats
- Cesium implant for cervical cancer
- Chemotherapy linked to cancer spread
- Severe night sweats recurring condition cause of concern
- Severe night sweats in men
- Characteristics of cancerous lymph nodes
- Bumps on lips of vagina while preganant
- One red bump vulva lower
- Bump in vulva for months
- Swallow camera gastric test
- Red bumps on newborn vagina lips
- Severe night sweats nthat smell
- Vaginal bump from moister
- Severe night sweats and shortness of breath