What causes severe nausea and vomiting when suffering from paraesophageal hernia?

I have problems with severe nausea and vomiting ( I vomit repeatedly for hours), this seems to happen if I eat solid food. I have had a lot of testing and so far all the tests have revealed is a large paraesophageal hernia. Other abnormalities mild anemia (Hgb 10) elevated WBC 14, and elevated CRP 15. Could the hernia be causing the vomiting- it' horrible when it happens I feel weak and shakey and vomit as much as 15- 20 times sometimes before it stops.
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Vomiting,nausea,high WBC&CRP-indicate infection... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your medical history and feel sorry for the situation you are in. Together, we will try to find out what causes such vomiting to you. The vomiting you are having and the elevated WBC 14 and elevated CRP 15 indicate for a possible infection (gastrointestinal, systemic). Before running into conclusions, could you please provide the following data of yours: - is vomiting right after the food or is not related to eating? - do you vomit food or liquids? - are you currently having any other health problem (upper respiratory infection, arthritis or infection in any other site of your body)? - are you currently taking any medications/supplements? - are you having fever? Feeling weak and shaky could be related to frequent vomiting and bad nutrition. You need to get further evaluated by a physician to exclude/diagnose infection and start orally and parenteral treatment. Looking forward to have the requested data! Thank you! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: What causes severe nausea and vomiting when suffering from paraesophageal hernia? 8 hours later
The vomiting does not start immediately after eating but rather 5 to 12 hours. I seem to do better eating full liquid to soft. I have no other signs of infection, no fever no cold symptoms, urinalysis is clean. I take Prilosec 2 times a day, synthroid daily and a multivitamin. Could my hernia be causing my vomiting?
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Hernia could possibly causing vomiting&others... Detailed Answer: Hi back my dear, If the vomiting does not start immediately after eating, then, it could be related to hernia. With regards to high WBC, it could be related to a common infection (including teeth infection, teeth caries, genital infection, intestinal parasitic infection, etc.) although no clinical evidence. However, I'd ask to send in your complete blood profile results to see what fractions of white blood cells are increased. Next, can do examination of stool for ova/parasite to exclude intestinal parasitic infections. All the best! Dr.Klerida