What causes severe muscle cramps with slight fever?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I have severe muscle cramps, especially in my legs. I also have a slight fever and just don't feel very well. Are muscular cramps one of the flu symptoms?
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Slight fever,muscular cramps are signs of flu... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Having a slight fever and general not-feeling well can be considered as flu symptoms. However, as I've noticed that you have a previous history of strep infection, I'd suggest to get checked by a physician to prevent another strep attack. Usually flu (viral) infection weakens the immune system, giving rise to bacterial infections such as Group A strep infection. I also advise to get plenty of water, rest more and take multivitamin supplementation containing vit.C and magnesium and vit.B complex to ease your symptoms. Wish fast recovery! Dr.Bardha Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!