What causes severe lower abdominal pain just above the pelvic bone?

I have severe lower abdominal pain just above the pelvic bone. This pain is constant throughout the day. The pain is lasting for 3-4 days. Can I know the reason and the remedy. Also to mention I have pain in the left knee.
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Ultrasound scan Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Pain abdomen for longer duration like days in a stretch could be due to some structural defect rather than a functional cause. I suggest you to get a Ultrasound scan of the abdomen and pelvis. this will identify any problem whatsoever causing this pain. Also do take antispasmodics to get rid of the pain for now. Regards,