What causes severe leg cramps at night and pain in my wrist?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I get severe leg cramps at night , mostly in the shin area. My hand also seem to cramp up now and then when I'm doing the simplest thing, I am now getting pains in my wrists Is all this connected
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please provide the requested medical data of yours Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query carefully and understood your concerns. Before running into conclusions, I'd like to have more of your personal data: - have you experienced such cramps earlier in life? - have you had any accident/other trauma? - do you get easily hit to home furniture? - are you on any medications? - have you been suffering of arthritis? Such data of yours would help me assist you further. The symptoms you are having might be indicative for arthritis or vitamins deficiencies. I usually prescribe to my patients with the same problems as you to start taking multivitamin supplementation containing vit.D, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, vit.B complex, fish oil, for at least 3 consecutive months. After 3 months, I re-evaluate my patient's clinical symptoms and then, decide the follow up guidelines. Hope it was of help! Dr.Sejdini