What causes severe headaches and sprained neck during pregnancy?
User rating for this question
I am 23 wks pregnant and since last 2 days i am having a severe headache only on the right side, and the neck also seems to be sprained.Is it related to pregannacy, and also what would be the best sleeping posture now?
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not related to pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX If your blood pressure is normal, headache & neck sprain are not related to pregnancy (High blood pressure can cause headache during pregnancy, but its rare to occur at 23 weeks). You can rest in right OR left lateral position, which ever gives neck relaxation & reduces pain. (Though rest in left lateral position is best during pregnancy, for relief of neck pain you can take rest in right lateral position also). You can take pillow to support neck & reduce pain. You can apply some pain killer ointment for neck pain. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other concerns. Regards.
Follow-up: What causes severe headaches and sprained neck during pregnancy? 1 hour later
Thanks Doc for the detailed answer,do you suggest any medicines like dolo 650 that i can take if the headache continues till tonight ?
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can take. Detailed Answer: Welcome back. You can take Dolo 650, in fact right now. No need to wait for headache to continue till night. (You can take maximum 3-4 tablets in a day for headache). Regards.
People also viewed
- Arm burn post cast removal
- What causes severe headaches and sprained neck during pregnancy
- Would constipation cause arm numbness
- Burning sensation at 39 weeks
- What causes severe headaches during the menopause
- What causes severe headaches and extremely tired during pregnancy
- Burns when pee 39 weeks pregnant
- How to care for a swollen arm
- What causes a severe headache
- Bubble sounds in stomach 39 weeks pregnant
- Card to say metal plate in arm
- Tiny brown moles on my arms
- What causes severe headaches and lump in neck
- Burping a lot at 39 weeks pregnant
- 39 weeks pregnant cant pee