What causes severe headache and stomach ache with chills and dizziness?
User rating for this question
I have a severe headache and stomach ache. No fever, but chills and dizziness. Whats wrong with me?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Headache Detailed Answer: Hello. Delighted to be able to help. There are three possible diagnoses: 1.-Migraine. The pain is on one half of the head and causes nausea, vomiting (with stomach ache),intolerance to light and noise but no chills. 2.-Tension Headache The pain is all over the head, and causes nausea-vomiting(with stomach ache)but without intolerance to light and noise and without chills. 3.-Viral Infection(the most likely diagnosis) Headache, stomach ache,chills and diziness are common symptoms of viral infections. In my opinion Ibuprofen 600 mg thrice a day+Omeprazole 20 mg per day can be taken for treating your symptoms. Usually the symptoms of virus infections persist for 72 hours. Please,consult your local doctor to confirm diagnosis and for prescription. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer. I wish you good health.
Follow-up: What causes severe headache and stomach ache with chills and dizziness? 2 hours later
I am throwing up now and am afraid to take any meds. Is there anything else I can do for headache - its is severe
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Painkillers Detailed Answer: Hello.Delighted to be able to help. The adverse effects of Ibuprofen are not significants(especially if is combined with Omeprazole 20 mg per day).Other option (with fewer adverse effects but less powerful for headache) is to take Acetaminophen 1000 mg thrice a day. Please consult your local doctor for prescription. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions,I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion. I wish you good health.
People also viewed
- Headache from high triglycerites
- Hit in nose headache and nausea
- Not getting pregnant which specialist should i consult
- Have lesions inside mouth took antibiotic worried for cancer
- How to remove chickenpox scars and holes from face
- High temperature with severe headache
- Holding urine and headache
- What causes a severe headache
- Taking percocet for herniated discs any alternate medicine
- Hands clammy stomach aches chills headache
- Planning to adopt a child how to induce lactation
- Dizziness chills vomiting stomach aches headache
- Diarrhea stomach ache headache chills
- Does mastrubation help prevent tension headaches
- Chills stomach ache headache