What causes severe head pressure and dizziness with sharp ear pain?

I feel vibrations, my head feels great pressure filling up, dizziness and I feel like I am going to fall or faint. when it happens for long periods of time I feel a sharp pain in the back of my ear, it especially happens with vibrations from the subway, fridge, microwave and my chest begins to hurt as if my heart is beating to fast
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Suleman Muhammad 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Inner ear plus drugs= Double vertigo Detailed Answer: Hi Thank you for asking. I am Dr Suleman and I would like to help you with your concern for these dizziness spells and associated ear pains. These symptoms are classic presentation of inner ear pain infection also known as labyrinthitis. Also the drugs you take can be responsible for it. Trazodone and respirodone are notorious for these dizziness spells and they need to be readjusted in dosage or replaced with another medicines. So in nut shell labyrinthitis worsened by vertigo causing agents use has caused a double vertigo and that explains all. Now the Sudden hear beatings and palpitations does not look like a cardiac issues but still better to have an EKG to be on the safer road. Risperidone and sertralin are very common in these adverse effects for anxiety and panic attacks. So medicines of yours are having side effects superseded by inner ear infection. So seek an otorhinolaryngologist for inner ear trouble and consult the medicines prescriber to reconsider the dosages and cut them to the minimum. Hope this answer helps you. Kindly close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. Take care of yourself and have a nice day. Regards Dr Suleman