What causes severe diarrhea and vomiting yellow mucus?

General Surgeon
Question
my wife has a history of bad stomach pain and nausea after eating. Lately she has had 3 bouts of severe diarrhea and excessive vomiting ending with vomiting a lot of yellow mucus. One of her bouts she ended up in the ER She just was at her doctor today and all her test show no conditions that are the cause. We seem to be at a dead end right now.
Posted Sat, 5 Jul 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
looks like gastroenteritis with gastritis

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Your wife seems to be having gastroenteritis, food poisoning along with gastritis.

So in addition to the probiotics and omeprazole you need to add an antibiotic too.

I usually prescribe my patients with similar symptoms a combination to ofloxacin and ornidazole for five days.

I would suggest you give her the same, but for the prescription you need to see a local doctor.

Also take care of what and where she eats. Eat healthy and hygenic and properly washed and cooked food to prevent recurrence.

And she will also need an antiemetic. You can give her a combination of omeprazole and domperidone.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma