What causes severe dehydration and tachycardia with chest pain?

Hello, I am a 34 year old young woman who has some strange symptoms and i felt uncertain if I should contact a doctor about it or if it will pass. I suddenly became very sore in the left toe, and it looked as though the artery was elevated under the skin a bit. I I dont know for sure if it is an artery or a nerve. When I saw it raise up I saw the pressure move towards the end of my toe. It feels hot to the touch and is still raised a little. At the same time, I felt burning in my chest, had severe dehydration and tacicardia with some chest pains and weakness down my left side, it is settling down a little bit but when I stand up I feel my left toe sting again and my heart rate increases. It is very strange symptoms . Thank you for your help, kind regards XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: It does not concern me Detailed Answer: Hi, The description does not sound to be serious to read. I suggest to wait it out before seeing a doctor. Put an ice cube over the left toe. If there is any swelling in the artery or nerve it would bring it down. The burning in the chest and high heart rate may be related to anxiety. Try to relax with good breathing exercises. You may learn how to do them on youtube. The anxiousness would reduce and you should feel normal. Hope this helps.
Follow-up: What causes severe dehydration and tachycardia with chest pain? 39 minutes later
Thank you for your advice . I shall use an ice pack on my toe and so breathing exercises. I feel certain the tachycardia/chest pains are not related to anxiety because I was not anxious when it happened and when i first felt my heart race with pins and needles in the left side, but breathing exercises are always helpful with any ailment. Thanks again Kind regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: An preliminary ECG helps Detailed Answer: Hi In case of non anxious person I advise a preliminary ECG initially just to be sure that it is not heart related and non life threatening. It helps to buy time and evaluate the symptoms further. Good luck.