What causes severe chest pain when i over eat after 8 pm?

I am having some concerns from quite some time. Severe chest pain is my problem probably due to gastric. Whenever i eat something heavy in night and sleeps this severe pain wakes me up and doesnt go untill i walk for 1 2 hours or take "ENO" , this has been so common now. I also do gymming daily and have already lost 13 kilos of my weight n preety much fit now and avoid eating late nights and hardly have anything after 8 p.m but only occasionaly when i does eat up stuff i end up in this. How to overcome this problem of gastric stomach. Pls advise. Feel free to call me @ +91-0000
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need to be strict with the life style... Detailed Answer: Hi, Unfortunately what you describe is a chronic problem. It can be taken care of permanently but there are plenty of medicines to keep this problem under control. As the pain occur only on certain occasions when you over eat, it is better to follow the strict rule of "No eating after 8 pm". If it is a must that you should eat, I would suggest that you take antacids or proton pump inhibitor (PPI) drugs an hour before you plan to eat. Of the various PPI, I prefer esomeprazole (Nexpro) 40mg tablets. Since ENO helps to reduce the ache, you can keep them handy and easily accessible for emergency use. Alternatively you can try banana fruits; it also helps. Besides these, continue exercises. Make sure you don't drink too much caffeinated drinks. Avoid deep fried food and smoking if any. Hope this helps. Please close this discussion if you have no more questions. Regards