What causes severe chest pain after eating?

I am having some concerns from quite some time. Severe chest pain is my problem probably due to gastric. Whenever i eat something heavy in night and sleeps this severe pain wakes me up and doesnt go untill i walk for 1 2 hours or take "ENO" , this has been so common now. I also do gymming daily and have already lost 13 kilos of my weight n preety much fit now and avoid eating late nights and hardly have anything after 8 p.m but only occasionaly when i does eat up stuff i end up in this. How to overcome this problem of gastric stomach. Pls advise. Feel free to call me XXXX
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 7 hours later
Brief Answer: You are having symptoms of GERD Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. I went through your post about chest pain that wakes you up in the night which gets relieved with Eno. This is a symptom of GERD. You need to take C.Nexpro L once daily before breakfast and T.Famtac once daily before dinner for 4 weeks. Certain lifestyle/dietary changes are also important. 1. Weight reduction if obese 2. Avoding alcohol, smoking, coffee citrus, tomatoes, fatty food, spicy/masala food 3. Avoid eating heavy meals. Eat smaller frequent meals 4. Go to bed at least 2-3 hours after food. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini