What causes severe breast tenderness after Novasure procedure?

Mar 2013
I have had a Novasure procedure October of 2013, age 53. I was on birth control none stop for several years to help with my heavy and painful periods due to endometroisis. Dr. took me off the pill thinking I would stop flowing @ this age. Flooding started April of 2013, lower back pain,went through a DNC. Flooding started again, decided to do the Novasure, (Oct. 2013) all went well, had some discharge 11/2013, back pain has not stopped, no periods.. For the past 3 to 4 weeks I am having severe breast tenderness, going for a mamogram is this normal?
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: COMMON SYMPTOM AT THIS AGE, DO NOT WORRY. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Am glad atleast the bleeding ( flooding ) has abated with the Novasure. Breast tenderness is common after Novasure. This is because Novasure would not stop hormone production from your ovaries, only stop the endometrium ( uterine lining ) from responding to it in the form of heavy bleeding. Particularly around menopause, this dicey age in the fifties, the ovaries do tend to go awry , and the hormonal fluctuations often result in breast tenderness. Backache also is common in peri menopause. Just go for a mammogram, that makes sense. Am reasonably sure the mammogram would be normal, or just show hormonal changes. To answer your question, yes, at your age, breast tenderness is a common symptom. Meanwhile, get your calcium and Vitamin D levels checked, also your TSH ( thyroid hormone status ) - supplements might be in order to help your backache. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.