What causes severe belching?

Apr 2014

My husband is belching a lot He belches even when he doesn't eat of drink anything and this has been going on for about 5 days and I am his wife and it is getting under my skin. He has used TUM, gGALVISCON, PEPTO YYYY@YYYY
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Take tab pantoprazole 40 mg OD for six weeks Detailed Answer: Hello Elaine173 Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Belching may be due to acidity or Gall bladder problem. He need proper clinical examination and investigations. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,ultrasound of abdomen,upper GI endoscopy. Belching may be due to Gall bladder calculus also.Ultrasound of abdomen can detect calculus. He should take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily half hour before food for six weeks.He should continue other drugs which he is taking. He should avoid hot and spicy food. Avoid alcohol and smoking if he take these things. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX