What causes severe back ache?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi, From last few week i feeling severe back pain while working on system..can you please suggest some medicene or execrise to reduce the pain. Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Due to wrong posture. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. You are suffering from what we call the industrial back ache. The first step is to ensure that you maintain an appropriate posture while working on the computer. The following link will tell you the posture to maintain while working: WWW.WWWW.WW Take frequent stretch breaks and drink lots of water. Discontinue using pillow while sleeping straight. Do not lift heavy objects, especially after bending down. Eat a healthy wholesome meal which should satisfy your minerals and proteins requirement. The most essential and long lasting remedy is exercises. There are certain back strengthening and neck isometric exercises that you must learn from a physiotherapist and perform them at home or work whenever possible. You can also undergo a weeks session of traction at your physiotherapist's clinic. Last but not least, if its unbearable take medications or muscle relaxant like flexeril prescribed by your physician. And if it has been long standing illness visit your orthopaedician and clinically-radiologically establish a diagnosis to commence definitive treatment. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL