What causes severe anxiety?

Jun 2014

I was diagnosed by my then doctor as having Accute Anxiety or something similar. Does that name seem correct? I am continually nervous and anxious.This diagnosis was 30 years ago. many new terms may be use now.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Anxiety disorders Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would try to solve your problem. First of all, i would like to tell you few things about anxiety disorder. Anxiety disorder is an umbrella term that covers several different type of common mental disorder which are characterized by excessive rumination, worrying, uneasiness, apprehension and fear about future uncertainties either based on real or imagined events. Anxiety disorder includes generalized anxiety disorder, phobic disorder, and panic disorder. Each has its own characteristics and symptoms and they require different treatment. Now in your case, if you have anxiety for last 30 years and which is continuous, it is towards generalized anxiety disorder. It is characterized by excessive anxiety and worry throughout the day and which effects daily routine activity. In panic disorder, patients have episodic and sudden anxiety attack which are very disturbing and in phobic disorder, patient normally has fear from some situation or thing. Whenever symptoms aggravate, then mostly doctor use term acute anxiety which can be used for any anxiety disorder which means that for some reasons underline anxiety symptoms have been increased. Same thing is in your case. I think with this explanation i would able to solve your confusion about anxiety disorder. In case you need further help, i would happy to help you. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist