What causes severe anxiety and hot flushes?

Hi,I suffer from severe anxiety and have unbearable constant hot flushes. I am past menapause so this is not the cause. This condition is along with depression is completely debilitating my life. I take 100mg of pristiq a day.I am very susceptible to side affects from medication which makes different medications difficult to take. I feel I cant put up with my over heating much longer as I have had it for many years and its increased to a unbearable level. Can you suggest a medication that may help. Thank you I also sweat prefusely all the time and never feel clean. My face goes bright red and drips with sweat which is very embarrassing. Im always uncomfortable. I feel desperate.
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: menopausal symptoms Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX although you have had a hystrectomy, hot flushes often occur around the age of menopause. I think you need some hormone therapy in the form of estrogen. A patch should work well as it will bypass the system. Other than that some non hormonal meds are also available like phytoestrogens. These will help control the hot flushes. Get your thyroid levels checked.
Follow-up: What causes severe anxiety and hot flushes? 16 hours later
I have tried hrt medications for many years and have had my thyroid checked many times. my problem is acute anxiety (as I said) its the treatment I cant get and want help with.I was hoping you could suggest a medication that doesnt have as many side effects as others. I dont have a life like this. Ive seen many mental health care doctors but have had no success with medication. I was just hoping you could help.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 hours later
Brief Answer: effective therapy Detailed Answer: Well, acute anxiety is a broad term. If you have tried medication for the same, and it didnt help, then symptom based therapy is the only other effective form of treatment. This kind of treatment is like a program where patients are taught how to control their symptoms through various exercises, breathing techniques and counselling. A psychologist can help you with that. And point you in the right direction.If you havent tried therapy, you should consider it. Im sure you have tried various medications. Often therapy works well along with medication, instead of alone.