What causes severe abdominal pains with low blood sugar?

General Surgeon
Hello, I've been having these abdominal pains for the past week or so and now its coming on strong especially when I woke up this morning it would hurt if I stood straight or tyed opening my bowels.. I have also felt sick and faint and had low blood suger levels.. And I'm starting to get concered now Please could you help
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. I would like to help you, but I need you to give some more information about your symptoms. 1.Where is you pain located (upper, middle, lower abdomen) 2. Does the pain radiate to the back. 3. Does it appear after a meal. 4. Any diarrhea, constipation, blood in stool, mucus in stool 5. Any weight loss 6. Since when the pain is present 7. Does the food aggravate it 8. Any nausea, vomiting 9. Is pregnancy possible I`m looking forward to hearing from you Regards.
Follow-up: What causes severe abdominal pains with low blood sugar? 26 minutes later
Yes the pain does radiate to my back its all across the lower part and lower abdomin across the middlem It dosent seem to be after meals or anything its just comes and goes throughout the day but when it comes it hurts and stays for atleast half hour to an hourm I have lost a lot of weight without intention. I thought I could be pregant but took pregnancy test wednesday and it said negative. I have had nausea and dizziness the other night but when I lead down on a cold surface I was fine again I haven't opened my bowels today due to it hurting if I try. Hope that helps Thanks
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Crohns disease needs to be ruled out. Detailed Answer: Weight loss is a serious symptom. Considering your age and symptoms, Crohns disease should be ruled out at first. It is more possible if your abdomen gets bloated, you have occasionally gas and stool obstruction. Back pain can be a symptom of urinary tract infection which may associate the main disease due to dehydration. With UTI, frequent urinating and burning while urinating is also present. I suggest you to do not wait any longer. Please visit your doctor. Abdominal ultrasound, blood work, abdominal X-ray and urine analysis should be done at first. Stool tests and colonoscopy should be next. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.