What causes severe abdominal and back pain with bloating and gas?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I am having right/left side pain also back pain. I recently had a ultrasound of the kidneys but have not gotten results yet. Whenever I eat a meal I get bloated with a lot of gas. I did have a colonoscopy 2 years ago and was normal. Let me know if I should be concerned

Thanks
Posted Mon, 19 Jun 2017 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to various causes.

Detailed Answer:
The pain that you have can be due to intestinal gas and distension renal pain or a muscle pain due to bad posture. Proper investigations like ultrasound and MRI scan are needed or diagnosis. If the pain gets aggravated with change in posture then it is more likely to be a muscle related cause.
Rest hot compress and mild pain killer can help you to some extent till you get the results.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal