What causes several streaks of light in vision and that quickly disappear?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I just had an experience with several streaks of light in my vision ... they're like a cluster of meteors streaking flashes that quickly disappear
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Streaks of light in vision possible causes... Detailed Answer: Hi, There are many health problems related to your current vision symptoms including specific problems related to the eyes or your general health: - cataract - glaukoma - retinopathy - high blood pressure - diabetes - working in front of the computer for long time - watching tv too long If such experiences are once in a while and not always, I'd suggest to: - measure your blood pressure when you have such episodes - measure your blood sugar - consult with an ophthalmologist to rule out local eye problems. All the best! Dr.Bardha